1) First, sign up for a new account by selecting the REGISTER link at the Origin Store website.
2) Next, enter an email address for your “New” EA Origin account and select the “Start my EA Profile” button.
3) Take a note of the current date and time. The Origin store is based on PST and I’ve noticed as long as it’s around 24 hours or so you can select the following day as your “birthday”. Just to be safe you can enter in a date a couple of days in the future. In this case, it was 1:54 AM EST on 9/14. So in this case I’m going to enter in 9/15 as my date of birth.
4) Complete the sign up form. I usually enter in 1980 as my year of birth. I’m not sure if it matters. Just make sure it’s at least 18 years to be safe. I’m not sure what the minimum age requirement is for an EA account. Make sure to select the option that says “Contact me about EA’s products, news, events and promotions.” If you don’t do this, you probably won’t get a promo code, so make sure to check the box.
5) Select the “Done” button to complete the sign-up process.
6) Check your email, and you should see an email that looks like the following. It usually comes in a minute or two for me. If you don’t see it, check your Spam folder!
7) This next step is optional, but you might have more success if you Verify your email address. You can do this by going to https://www.ea.com/profile/ and selecting the “Verify your email address” link. (Note: I never verified my email address and still received promo codes.)
8) Check your email again and you’ll see an email that says “Registration Verification”.
9) Open the email up and there will be a link that you have to select. After you select that link, you’ll be redirected back to the EA Profile page.
10) Now all you have to do is wait until your new “Birthday” comes. Usually the Origin Birthday Promo codes come around 2PM or so. If you don’t see anything, don’t forget to check your Spam folder.
11) The coupon will look like the following.
This is assuming they haven’t stopped sending out the promo codes.